Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Can I take your coat? I can wash it too...

So, you might not find this funny, but I had to take a picture and share it with you.

The friends/semi-relatives (what do you call your brother's wife's sister?) we stayed with in Edinburgh have a beautiful apartment. Tall ceilings, big windows, beautiful details. Admittedly, it's a little on the small side, especially now that they have two adorable (but rambunctious) boys and still use it as a home office. But what a great location! Walking distance to, like, everything.

They've rearranged some things (like the kitchen) and instead of the very European way of putting the washing machine in the kitchen (why would you do that anyway?) my friend (who is American) opted to put it in the hall closet.

That sounds reasonable.

I guess it just looks funny.



Here's a normal looking hall closet, right off the main hallway (or make that the only hallway).


Can you see the washing machine? It's a little hard...


Okay, there.

Tell me that's not funny. I think I laughed every time she climbed under the coats and into the laundry room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it in the British Isles several kids went into a closet and found a whole land...called Narnia.
You may have found Laundria.