Friday, April 27, 2007

Where's the trip? (Day one)

This will just have to be a rambling post about our vacation. I can't, for the life of me, come up with anything creative and I've put it off long enough. I dislike writing posts about how we did this, and then that, and 'here's a picture of us eating on the side of the road' and 'here I am changing J's diaper'. But, I'm afraid that's exactly what you're going to get here.

Consider yourself warned.




This is the car.
This is us eating on the side of the road.


(You thought I was kidding about that, right?)

It was actually a nice setting for lunch though.


And a perfect place to let them burn off some energy.


This would be a great picture for the yearly newsletter we never send out.



When we got back in the car, C declared, "That was fun! I liked it. That was a fun trip."

"Yeah, that was fun."

"Are we going home now?"

"Oh, no, that was just lunch, now we're going to drive to a museum."

"Oh."

Then S piped in, "Where's the trip?"

"This is the trip, honey. We're on the trip."

"Are we going to get on a train?"

"No, not this time."

"A plane?"

"No, we're taking a trip in this car. This is it. This is the trip."

"But, where is the trip?"

This, then, became the butt of all our jokes.

"So like, duuude. Where's the trip?"

"Oh no! I lost my trip! Where's my trip?"

"Yes, but where is the trip?"

But let's move on, shall we?


Ohh! That's a pretty house.

That's not.


This looked far more interesting in person (or should I say, from the car)
than the picture does.
But a lot of little towns looked just like this.


We got to the museum in Mialet about 30 minutes before they closed. So Mr. French browsed through the small book shop for a few minutes and then we headed back down the road to find a hotel. We stopped at the first one we saw.

It looked deserted, but it wasn't and we got to stay there.
It was very nice and we would highly recommend it.
It was still being renovated, but everything in our room seemed new
and there was even a swimming pool on the property
(although we were a little out-of-season for that).


There was a playground...


and cool stairs....

and a cool window...


and cool trees all over the parking lot.
(I bet it's really cool in the summertime when the leaves are thick and green.)


This is the "hotel" part in the back.
See that little tiny window to the left of the glass door (on the second floor)?
That was in our bathroom.
I love all that stonework.

So, that's it for day one of our April vacation. Tune in for the next edition of "Where's the trip? day two" (I really really hope) tomorrow.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Nice post but... where is the trip? ;)

Sue said...

What a beautiful trip! I love the photo of the boys (the one for the newsletter). They're almost like "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"!