Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Conversations over the vacation....

"I think I have blogger's block." I said, to no one in particular. *sigh*


"I know we said this as a joke, but what if we
really only get one snowfall the entire time we're in the Alps! We might as well be in...North Carolina or something." said Mr. French disgustedly.


(At the dinner table, talking about names.)
"C, what is Mommy's name? asks Mr. French.
"French." said C.
"No, that's her last name. Do you know what her first name is?"
"Honey." said C.
"That's right."


"Mommy, I know how medicine works!" said S.
"You do?" I said.
"Yeah. First the sick goes up, up, up. " he said moving his hand progressively up his chest towards his neck.
"Then, the medicine goes down, down, down." He moved his hand down from his neck.
"Then they crash!" he said as he clapped his hands together. "And they mix together and you get all better."
"Oh." I said, surprised at the logic.


"Hi, I'm just calling to postpone S's party on Friday. We're all sick." I said.
"Oh, no." She said sympathetically.
"Yeah, well, we all had colds earlier in the week. Then we all got conjunctivitis. We're on antibiotics, so we shouldn't be infectious tomorrow, but today S is throwing up. So, we'll have to do it another time. Maybe next week."
"Yeah. That sounds good." She said, probably thinking next week might be too soon.


"BOYS! Time for eye drops!" I call out.
"I can't want to." Said C in a tone that suggested 'I'd love to accommodate you, but I have a 'no eye drop policy' currently in effect'.
"Yes, you can." I said in a tone that suggested 'I'd love to accommodate you, but policy schmolicy.'

"I want to watch a movie." said S.
"Ok, honey, but are you going to throw up again? Do you still feel sick?" I ask.
"Yes."
"Ok. Make sure when you feel like you're going to throw up that you throw up in this bucket. Not on the couch. Okay?"
S nods his head. "I want to watch a movie."
"I know." I sigh. "Okay. If I tell you you can watch a movie, do you still feel sick?"
"No."
*SIGH*


(Everyday of vacation starting Saturday night.)
"Mommy! Tomorrow we go to school?" C asked.
"No, sorry, honey. This is vacation. You're off for two whole weeks."
"Ohhh no. Why?"
"Because all the teachers need a break."
"What are we going to do?"
"Maybe we can do our own school here."
"Yes!"

(The Sunday before vacation ends.)
"Tomorrow go to school Mom?"
"Yes, tomorrow you go to school."
"Yes! Yes! Yes! Tomorrow go to school, boys!"

(Monday morning, before Mom is out of bed.)
"It's time for school boys!"

2 comments:

crazyhouseholdof9 said...

So sorry you are/have been sick! We have three down today. I am bracing myself for catching it.

BTW, Colorado keeps getting hammered with snowfall.

Kathryn's Photography said...

Hey sorry that I have not comment forever!
Ya we have been sick too. The only one who has not got it is dad & mom. Every one else has got it.
I hope we will get to talk on cht soon!